1. I pledge to do my part to end genocide: the intentional destruction, in whole or in part, of a national, ethnical, racial, or religious group.
2. I commit myself never to be a passive bystander to genocide anywhere.
3. I promise to report any signs of the approach of a genocide to government officials, to the press, and to organizations that can take action to prevent it.
4. I will protest the acts of planners and perpetrators of genocide. I will not remain silent about their incitement of hate crimes, mass murders and other acts of genocide.
5. I will assist the victims of genocide and will help them escape from their killers. I will support the victims with humanitarian relief.
6. I will not stop my protests against a genocide until that genocide is stopped.
7. I will support lawful measures to prevent, suppress and punish the crime of genocide in accordance with the Genocide Convention.
SEND by mail to: The International Campaign to End Genocide, Post Office Box 809, Washington, D.C. 20044 USA; by e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org ; or by fax to: 703-993-2340.
This Pledge Against Genocide was written by Genocide Watch - the International Campaign to End Genocide. The Campaign is a worldwide coalition of concerned groups and individuals who are dedicated to end genocide in the twenty-first century. For information write to the address above, phone 202-643-1405, or send an e-mail to Genocide Watch, Campaign Coordinator, at email@example.com.
By signing the Pledge Against Genocide, you will be joining thousands of other persons around the world who have personally promised to take concrete steps to end genocide and to protect genocide's victims. You will also be joining a network that can be contacted if genocide occurs. If you do not want to be contacted, simply leave your address, phone, fax, and e-mail off the pledge. But please do sign the pledge and send it in as an expression of your personal commitment to end genocide.
Genocide Watch is the Coordinator of the International Alliance to End Genocide P.O. Box 809, Washington, D.C. 20044 USA. Phone: 1-202-643-1405 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org